Collections & Educational
Loan Repayment Agreements
Accounts with a delinquent debt to the university may be forwarded to a third-party collections agency after 120+ days past due. After a final collections letter is sent to the email we have on file, students will have 30 days to respond before they are reviewed for referral to a third-party collections agency.
If you are a current student with a past due balance, please visit your Student Homepage to make a payment.
Online Payment Tutorial
Students that have separated from the university have access to their Titan Online portal for up to nine months beyond their last term of enrollment. Former students are strongly recommended to monitor their student account activity on a weekly basis for up to 6 months after separating from the university to avoid collection activity from delinquent debt. For information on making a payment online, please see the Payments page.
Before separating from CSUF it is expected that a student's account be paid in full. However, if full payment is not possible, please work with Student Business Services to create a monthly payment plan to establish a Repayment Agreement.
Repayment Agreements (delinquent account payment plans):
- The payment plan is not to exceed a twelve month period; the monthly payment and due date are determined by CSUF and are not negotiable.
- Until the debt has been paid in full the debtor will not have access to any CSUF services. Services include diplomas from being issued and future registration; per Title 5, California Code of Regulations, Sections 42380 and 42381.
- CSUF is required to annually report the debt to the Franchise Tax Board for state refund garnishment; per California Government Code Sections 12419.2, 12419.7, 12419.9, 12419.10, 12419.11, and 12419.12.
- Any skipped, missed, or partial payments automatically annuls the payment plan and the account will be immediately forwarded to an outside collection agency resulting in negative credit reporting to the one of the major credit bureaus.
- If the debtor successfully completes the payment plan the delinquent debt will not be reported to the three major credit bureaus.
- Unsigned Educational Loan Repayment Agreements will be sent to collections.
Establishing a Repayment agreement with CSUF
Email Student Business Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (657) 278-2495 with the following information:
- First and Last Name
- Campus Wide ID#
- Current mailing address
- Current phone number
After the account has been reviewed for eligibility the Collection's Representative will contact the debtor via email with the required payment plan documentation.
- If the account has been submitted to an outside collection agency the debtor may not establish a payment plan with CSUF and must contact the appropriate collection agency.
- Cedar Financial – (800) 980-3357
- Coast Professional – (800) 231-0225
- ConServe – (800) 724-4439
- Reliant Capital Solutions – (866) 837-5096
- CSUF does not accept settlement offers on debts owed.
- CSUF does not negotiate the removal of accurately reported negative credit reporting.
- Appeals to apply for reversal of fees must be done within a year of the outstanding balance.
Although CSUF appreciates all repayment efforts, the collection processes will continue unless the debtor enters a formal monthly payment plan with CSUF.
Financial Responsibility Agreement
PAYMENT OF FEES/PROMISE TO PAY
I understand that when I register for any class at California State University, Fullerton or receive any service from California State University, Fullerton I accept full responsibility to pay all tuition, fees and other associated costs assessed as a result of my registration and/or receipt of services. I further understand and agree that my registration and acceptance of these terms constitutes a promissory note agreement (i.e., a financial obligation in the form of an educational loan as defined by the U.S. Bankruptcy Code at 11 U.S.C. §523(a)(8)) in which California State University, Fullerton is providing me educational services, deferring some or all of my payment obligation for those services, and I promise to pay for all assessed tuition, fees and other associated costs by the published or assigned due date. I understand that CSU Fullerton will not send me a bill and it is my responsibility to view my student account to see amounts owed and due dates.
I understand and agree that if I drop or withdraw from some or all of the classes for which I register, I will be responsible for paying all or a portion of tuition and fees in accordance with the published tuition refund schedule at https://sbs.fullerton.edu/services/refunds/Default.php. For programs offered through Extension and International Programs (EIP), I understand and agree with the specific deadlines section posted on my program webpage.